April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Foodie Fridays: Radiatore Pasta with Tomatoes, Dill, and Queso Fresco


I had a lot of fresh herbs left over after making our Easter brunch, including a big bunch of dill that I did not actually use for that meal.  I boiled up some small fingerling potatoes to make buttered potatoes with herbs, but I still had an abundance of leftover herbs.  Luckily, finding a recipe to use them up was only a computer click away.  I googled dill recipes and soon came up with one for Orzo with Feta, Tomatoes, and Dill which was easily modified to suit my ingredients and taste.  As I've mentioned before, I don't care for feta, but I had some queso fresco, which is my usual substitute.  I had no orzo, so I used the radiatore pasta that I did have.  A little more tweaking, and the end result was a delicious and easy pasta salad that I will certainly make again.  Leftovers have never tasted so good!

Radiatore Pasta with Tomatoes, Dill, and Queso Fresco

6 T. olive oil
2 C. grape tomatoes, halved
1 C. chopped dill
1/4 C. chopped parsley
1/4 C. sliced scallions
zest and juice of one lemon
1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper (or to taste)
8 oz. radiatore pasta
10 oz. crumbled queso fresco

Toss together the first seven ingredients in a large bowl.  Let stand for at least 10 minutes.  Boil the pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente, about 10 minutes.  Drain and toss with the tomato mixture.  Add the cheese and toss again.  Serves 6 as a side dish.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment