April 18th is International Jugglers Day!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

This 'n That Thursdays: HGTV 2012 Green Home in Serenbe, Georgia


Are you entering to win the HGTV 2012 Green Home located in the Serenbe Community of Chattahoochee Hills, Georgia?  If not, you should be!  This beautiful modern southern farmhouse, in an eco-friendly community less than an hour from Atlanta, has three bedrooms, two full and one half bath, and 2300 square feet of finished space, plus unfinished space on the ground floor ready to be turned into whatever type of room you desire!  Add to this two spacious courtyards as well as a front deck, a garage with attached carport, and complete furnishings, plus a new 2012 GMC Terrain and $100,000 cash, and you have a grand prize worth $800,000!  All you have to do is enter twice daily on two sites (HGTV and HGTVRemodels), and you just might win yourself a lovely new home.  The sweepstakes started April 12th, but you can enter every day until June 1st, so don't delay -- get your entries in now!

In my opinion this is the best Green Home so far -- I think it is just lovely!  Here are a few photos of some aspects of the house that I find especially attractive:

The kitchen countertops, made locally with recycled shells and glass -- this may be my absolute favorite item in the whole house!

The kitchen is my favorite room in the house -- I wouldn't change a thing!

Another space that I adore is the retreat room -- I love the color and furnishings, and just the fact that a room like this was included in the home!

This is the Georgia room, a fabulous space in itself, but what really makes it special is that the French doors on both sides can be opened to connect the room with both the front deck and the barbecue courtyard, making outdoor living effortless!

The view from the front deck through the Georgia room and out to the barbecue courtyard.

The barbecue courtyard dining table, with a view of the Georgia room.

I could go on and on, but I'd better stop here or I will have photos of the entire house posted!  You can see why this house is so special, though, and why I will be entering twice every day -- my chances of winning may not be great, but they are zero if I don't enter at all!

By the way, my husband and I have visited Serenbe twice, and I set up a separate blog to relate our experiences there.  We normally don't care for these types of planned communities, but for us Serenbe was special.  We are considering retirement options, and were so impressed with this community that it is now on our list.  Tours of the Green Home start next month, and we will be going.  In fact, we are thinking about staying overnight and checking out Serenbe in more detail with a realtor -- just in case we don't win the Green Home!

         

No comments:

Post a Comment