October 16th is National Fossil Day!

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Terrifying Tuesdays: Scary Movies from the 1970s-1990s for Halloween

Image from Amazon

Last year I posted an alphabetical list of mid-century scary movies for Halloween in the left side bar of my blog, so this year I am listing recommendations of scary movies from the 1970s-1990s.  And what better way to start the spooky season than with the movie "Alien" (1979), which still ranks as one of the scariest movies I have ever seen.  It is also one of the first films I can recall that features a strong female protagonist as well as a grittier and more realistic setting for a story set in outer space.

Next week I will discuss the newest editions to my list, and will include any links I find to sites for viewing these films free online if possible, although with these more recent movies free viewing sites are more difficult to find (unless you belong to a streaming service, which I do not).

Happy spooky season, everyone! 👽👻🎃💀👿

No comments:

Post a Comment