May 3rd is National Public Radio Day!

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Weekend Wardrobe: Denim, Rust, Pink, and Ivory Autumn Travel Wardrobe

Madewell Baez Pullover Sweater in Marled Fog Stripe

This will probably be the last post you see from me for a while (although I may give some short moving updates occasionally if I have time), so I thought I would create one more travel wardrobe based on another pretty sweater.  I just love the name of the color for this sweater - Marled Fog!  All four of the wardrobe colors are found in the sweater's stripes.  There are enough apparel items in this collection to accommodate a week-long getaway if you don't mind repeating similar looks (i.e., sweaters with or without a base layer, button front shirts worn as base layers and second layers, etc.).

As usual, we start with the outfit to wear while traveling to your favorite fall destination:

Clockwise from too left: Madewell Baez Pullover Sweater in Marled Fog Stripe; Maui Jim Ah Dang! Flat Top Sunglasses in Tortoise/Bronze; Nordstrom Signature One-Button Blazer in Brown Toffee; Mansur Gavriel Mini Mini Leather Bucket Bag in Natural; Street Level Reversible Faux Leather Tote and Wristlet in Cognac; Band of Gypsies Women's Creed Bootie in Natural Suede; Skagen Anita Mesh Strap Watch in Gold/Mother of Pearl/Gold; MOTHER The Dazzler Ankle Straight Leg Jeans in On the Edge; TopShop Mock Neck Mesh Top in Cream; Center: Kendra Scott Betty Gold Stud Earrings in Dichroic Glass.

You may have noticed that I included two handbags - my secret when traveling by plane is to put my smaller crossbody bag into my much larger tote bag so that it works as one small carry-on item instead of two!

And now for the additional items to pack in your carry-on bag:

Clockwise from top left: Melanie Auld Amulet Pendant Necklace in Moonstone/Gold; Rails Kate Print Shirt in Peony Stripe; Caslon Chambray Shirt in Medium Indigo (no longer available); Splendid Ribbed Mock Neck Crop Top in Pink Beige; TopShop Parallel Straight Leg Jeans in Cream; Josef Seibel Women's Sina 11 Sneaker in Denim Leather; Tumi Merge 22-Inch Continental Expandable Rolling Carry-On in Navy; Vionic Women's Waverly Loafer in Light Pink Leather; Caslon Long Sleeve Denim Shirtdress in Dark Medium Wash; Nordstrom Ellie Leather Crossbody Clutch in Pink Dust; Center top: Madewell Arden Crop V-Neck Pullover Sweater in Wisteria Dove; Center bottom: Kendra Scott Leon Link Bracelet in Gold.

If you sleep in pajamas and there is enough room in your suitcase, you could also pack this fun sleepwear:

Kate Spade New York Pastel Zebra Crop Pajamas

🍂🍁👖👚👢👜🍁🍂🍂🍁👖👚👢👜🍁🍂🍂🍁👖👚👢👜🍁🍂

Since I am traveling with two dogs who have never been on a long car trip before, my travel wardrobe will unfortunately not be as attractive as this one.  One dog is a senior and the other has never enjoyed riding in cars, so I will be wearing utilitarian clothes such as old jeans and well-worn t-shirts just in case some major cleanups are required while en route to our destination (my back seat will be similarly attired in easy-clean coverups as well!).  While this is not exactly the exciting and glamorous road trip I dream of making some day, it will certainly be an adventure!  If you don't hear from me before the end of the month, then I will hopefully be back on my blog some time in October.  See you then!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment