Friday, July 5, 2019

Foodie Fridays: Peanut Butter-Banana Smoothie


Summer is my least favorite season, but it is the best time for a smoothie, which makes the perfect cool and light breakfast or dessert.  My favorite version is a peanut butter-banana smoothie.  It is extremely easy to make, tastes delicious, and is relatively healthy as well.  I will never be able to get on board with the idea of a green smoothie (the thought of combining raw fruits and leafy greens in a beverage does not appeal to me), but a fruit and nut butter blend is a great way to combine some of my favorite flavors into an enjoyable beverage that is nutritious enough for a meal but decadent enough for a dessert.  Smoothies for breakfast is one of the few things I actually like about summer!

Peanut Butter-Banana Smoothie

2 T. peanut butter
1 small banana (or 1/2 large banana)
1 C. vanilla yogurt
1/4 C. milk (I used almond milk)
4 ice cubes

Combine all ingredients in a blender and whirl until smooth.  Pour into a tall glass to serve.  Serves 1.

Note: For interesting variations, try substituting almond butter for the peanut butter, and/or coconut yogurt for the vanilla yogurt.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment