April 24th is International Guide Dog Day!

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Weekend Wardrobe: Adding to a Basic Black and White 4x4 Wardrobe for the Holidays, Part Two


Once again we visit the basic black and white winter 4x4 wardrobe above (as well as the accompanying accessories) to which we are adding a few more items for the creation of some holiday flair (this is the last time you will be seeing this image, I promise!).  For the woman who wants to venture beyond black and white, but not too far beyond, grey/silver is the perfect choice, and the velvet leggings upon which I have been basing each wardrobe addition conveniently come in a color called Grey Cloud!  If you go with grey your look can be slightly more casual, and silver options will really kick up the elegance of an outfit.  These are the apparel items I found to add to the basic wardrobe:

Clockwise from top left: H&M Glittery Jacket in Silver; Next Christmas Dalmatian Jumper in Grey; H&M Shimmering Metallic Shirt in Silver; Monki Velvet Leggings in Grey Cloud; Dorothy Perkins Luxe Silver Floral Maxi Skirt; Paco Rabanne Metallic Long Sleeve T-Shirt in Silver.

If you read my blog you probably could have guessed that I would have to show a sample outfit based upon the Dalmatian sweater!  I decided to make this holiday ensemble more casual.  It would be great for any gathering that requires a some time spent outdoors:


I find the final color option to be particularly delightful.  The velvet leggings come in one more color choice called Glad You Like Carrots.  Orange for Christmas?  Why not!  If you choose the right apparel this color can be just as festive as any other, if not more so.  Here are my selections (and by the way, the Dalmatian jumper shown above would also work here, thanks to the orange antlers on the dog's head!):

Clockwise from top left: Cruciani Cardigan in Rust; Pure Collection Cashmere Cowl Neck Sweater in Black; Monki Velvet Leggings in Glad You Like Carrots; Clark's Heavenly Shine Pumps in Black Leather; Prada Knee-Length Skirt in Black/Orange (no longer available); Uniqlo Women's Carine Silk Bow Tie Long-Sleeve Blouse in Black.

Unfortunately the lovely skirt is no longer available, but if it were, or if I already owned it, I would use it to put together a really glamorous outfit (glamorous for me, at least!):


☁️🔶☁️🔶☁️🔶☁️🔶☁️🔶☁️🔶☁️🔶☁️🔶☁️🔶☁️🔶☁️🔶☁️

And so ends my foray into the world of embellished black and white fashion for the holidays!  It's been fun, but after this week I will move on to more casual wardrobes with a lot more color, which is always my style preference.  Have a very merry Christmas if you celebrate, and keep enjoying the holiday season!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment