April 19th is National Garlic Day!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

This 'n That Thursdays: Ben & Jerry's Core Ice Creams


Have you tried Ben & Jerry's new Core Ice Creams yet?  If not, what are you waiting for?  I am not a fan of chocolate in ice cream, but I found two flavors without this ingredient added, and they were heavenly.  The first one I tried was the Salted Caramel Core flavor (sweet cream ice cream with blonde brownies and a salted caramel core), and it was amazingly good.  The new line of Cookie Core flavors that I have been impatiently awaiting did not arrive at our local stores until just last week.  As soon as I saw Peanut Buttah Cookie Core (peanut butter ice cream with crunchy peanut butter sugar bits, peanut butter cookies, and a peanut butter cookie core) in the freezer section of our nearest Publix, I snatched up a carton.


I managed to wait until after dinner to try it, and was it ever worth the wait!  It was so delicious I was seriously tempted to eat the whole pint, but since I only had the one carton I didn't want to be left with no more ice cream for the next couple of days, so I restrained myself.  I even shared a smidgen with our terrier mix, Ruby, and I swear we both felt as if we had dined and gone to heaven.  I do believe little Ruby actually swooned with delight, but I have never seen a dog swoon before so I can't be absolutely certain.  I do know that she wanted more just as much as I did!

There are four other Core flavors (all of which have chocolate in them) as well as two other Cookie Core options (Boom Chocolatta! and the non-chocolate Spectacular Speculoos, which I must try).  Now that our weather is finally warming up, I'm ready to indulge in ice cream once in a while, and these new Ben & Jerry's offerings will be my top choices!


             

No comments:

Post a Comment