March 29th is World Marbles Day!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Foodie Fridays: Easy Honey Mustard Salmon

From Everyday Dishes

My husband adores salmon, but I am not a fan.  I know it is supposed to be a very healthy food, but I dislike the strong, distinctive taste of this fish.  Until recently, I would only eat it smothered in teriyaki sauce, because the flavor masked that of the salmon.  Luckily, I recently found a recipe for Easy Honey Mustard Salmon that is simple, quick, and even better than the teriyaki version.  I think that roasting the fish at a high temperature makes a difference, as I tried a similar recipe baked at a lower temperature and it was not as good.  Best of all, my husband loves this recipe as well, so I can serve it any time and make both of us happy!

Easy Honey Mustard Salmon

2 T. mustard (I used spicy brown)
2 T. honey
2 T. lemon juice
8 oz. salmon fillet

Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.  Whisk together the first three ingredients in a small bowl.  Place the salmon fillet on the baking sheet, skin side down.  Spoon the sauce over, covering the surface completely.  Roast at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.  Cut the fillet in half and serve.  Serves 2.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment