April 25th is World Penguin Day!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

This 'n That Thursdays: Seaside Serenity Living Room


Unlike most people, I am not a big fan of the coast -- my preference is for the mountains.  I also prefer warm colors to cool, so watery blues, greens, and greys seldom find their way into my home's interior design.  However, there is something so tranquil about the painting above that I find myself drawn to it despite the seaside theme.  While I may not want a beach cottage, this picture did inspire me to create a style board for just such a place:

Clockwise from top left: Camden Denim Slipcover Sofa from Club Furniture; Banana Armchair from Pier 1 Imports; Sea Turtle Pillow by crabbychris on Etsy; Japanese Float Table Lamp from Pottery Barn (no longer available); White Cottage Side Table from Pure Home; Plank Wood Coffee Table from Belle Escape; Glass Fishing Float Balls from West Coast Sea Glass; Sandpiper Pillow by crabbychris on Etsy; Center: Piper Parade Art Print from Barewalls.com; Background: Puhalo Stripe Rug in Faded Azul from Capel Rugs.
         
What a calming retreat a room decorated like this would be -- I may prefer a more earthy design and warmer color palette, but I can understand why so many people love coastal style!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment