March 28th is Weed Appreciation Day!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

This 'n That Thursdays: Animal-Themed Interior Décor

From Quaint Curios

Anyone who has perused my blog knows that I love animal-themed décor for the home, but how do you know when enough is enough?  The first time I saw the elephant ottoman pictured above, I just could not decide if it was cute or tacky.  Would I have it in my own home?  Probably not, since elephants are not my thing.  Would it look good in someone else's home?  I honestly could not say.  After a bit more searching, I found an interesting site called Anything Animals, which features décor and linens with an animal theme, including my little elephant.  They also have a section with design ideas incorporating their goods.  Here are a few images featuring the ottoman:


I have to admit that these rooms are a little too "themed" for me -- the first one is not bad, the second is okay, but the last two are overdone, in my opinion.  So maybe this ottoman is not for me.  Which is not to say that I am against elephant décor for the home.  For example, I would not mind incorporating this comfy elephant print armchair into one of my rooms, if I could only afford it:

From The From Sthlm Blog

And I would rather have the little elephant ottoman inside my house than this rather alarming beast (besides, that wallpaper pattern is so not my style!):

From Philosophy in Motion

But even the elephant above is preferable to this outrageous zebra print overload:

From Alspics

I don't think anyone will disagree with me when I say that this is taking animal-themed design way too far!
            

No comments:

Post a Comment