April 18th is International Jugglers Day!

Friday, October 30, 2015

Foodie Fridays: Pumpkin Mini-Cheesecakes


This recipe was inspired by one for Bacon Cheesecake Bites from Giada de Laurentiis as well as one I posted in the past for Mini-Cheesecakes.  I meant to stir some mini chocolate chips into the cheesecake batter, but discovered I had none in the house.  This addition is optional, but I like the taste of semisweet chocolate with pumpkin (as in my recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins) so I will be adding the chips the next time I make these.  I did top mine with Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses that I had left over from last year, and as these cheesecakes are not overly sweet the candy added a nice little touch of extra sweetness when you bite into both together.  Pumpkin Mini-Cheesecakes are a great dessert choice for Halloween, especially if you are a bit too old to go trick-or-treating for some free sweets!

Pumpkin Mini-Cheesecakes

12 gingersnaps (the size of vanilla wafers)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 C. canned pumpkin purée
1/4 C. maple syrup
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 C. mini chocolate chips (optional)

Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil liners.  Place a gingersnap in the bottom of each liner.  Beat the cream cheese until smooth and softened.  Blend in the remaining ingredients until smooth.  Stir in the mini-chocolate chips if using.  Pour the filling over the gingersnaps, filling 3/4 full.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.  Remove from the oven and cool for 20 minutes.  Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.  Serves 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment