Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Wish List Wednesdays: Miss Monroes Dalmatian Desk by Rebecca Allen


I recently discovered the "Miss Monroes Dalmatian" collection by Rebecca Allen on the DENY Designs website, and there are so many items I want for my home!  The one I covet most at the moment is the desk with steel hairpin legs and a bamboo-framed, Dalmatian-spotted aluminum top ($299):


 I love the simple lines and streamlined look, and of course the Dalmatian design is just the icing on the cake.  The price is reasonable and assembly looks easy, so this desk goes to the top of my wish list!  Incidentally, I don't know the reason for the name of the collection, but I like to think that the artist was inspired by this early photo of a young, fresh-faced Marilyn Monroe with her spotted canine companion (you were never lovelier, Norma Jean!):

From Lomography
             

No comments:

Post a Comment