May 3rd is National Public Radio Day!

Saturday, June 2, 2018

On the Homefront: Newer Is Not Better!

Dead as a doornail!

I may not get to do a Weekend Wardrobe post this weekend, because our fancy, less-than-two-year-old digital programmable thermostat stopped working after a power outage yesterday and I will be spending the day waiting for a call from our HVAC company to find out when they can send a technician.  I find it ironic that this relatively new thermostat was the only electronic gadget in our home that could not survive a two-hour power outage.  Our second floor thermostat, which is almost 30 years old, has never given us any problem.  I may be biased as my husband and I are never enthusiastic about advanced technology, but I highly recommend against complicated thermostats.  In our experience they never last long.  On the other hand, the over-60-year-old thermostat in the house I grew up in still works (although it has had some parts replaced over the years).  Sometimes newer is not better!

I will try to get a post written for this weekend, but if I don't have time it will show up next week.  I hope you are having a great weekend with no violent thunderstorms!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment