April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

This 'n That Thursdays: UO Dining Room Wish List

Mandarin Oriental Atlanta
(from Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group)

HGTV recently announced that The Residences at Mandarin Oriental Atlanta will be the location of their 2014 Urban Oasis, a luxury space to be given away in their annual sweepstakes to one lucky winner.  They also announced the UO sponsors, one of which is the online home décor site AllModern.  I like to keep up with the sweepstakes blogs, and recently some of us decided it would be fun to select our décor preferences for the UO from the AllModern website, starting with the dining room.  Since I do this for fun all the time by creating style boards for my blog, I had no trouble jumping right in!  I intended to go for a colorful contemporary look, but the moment I saw the Kazu Dining Table I couldn't resist, and immediately changed my design to a more rustic look.  My preferred design style is rustic contemporary anyway, so it took almost no time for me to create my ideal dining room:

Clockwise from top left: ARTERIORS Home Kazu Dining Table; Pure Art Tree Sculptures Forest Sunrise 4 Piece Plaque Art; Sunpan Modern Porto Sideboard; Uttermost Thoro Wood Bowl; Secto Design Victo 4250 Pendant; Gourmet Settings Montana Flatware Set; Noritaki Colorwave Dinnerware Set in Chocolate; Chilewich Reversible Napkin Set in Bittersweet/Flax; Center: Chilewich Mini Basketweave Placemat in New Gold.

If there is a kitchen island which accommodates seating in the dining room area, I would select the Moe's Home Collection Orso Bar Stools:


It has been a while since I created any style boards, and I had so much fun playing this game that I plan to continue over the next few weeks for some other rooms in the UO (master bedroom, guest bedroom, living room) based on this floor plan from the hotel (which may or may not be similar to the actual UO):

From Atlanta Skyrise Blog

The 2014 Urban Oasis is nearing completion rather quickly (the giveaway entry period is set to begin on August 28th) and more detailed information about the residence should be forthcoming very soon, but until then I will enjoy selecting my perfect furnishings for the home from the impressive collection at AllModern!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment