September 17th is National Apple Dumpling Day!

Friday, August 9, 2024

Foodie Fridays: Curried Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins

We have been having a prolonged heat wave here in Santa Fe, which means that I practically live on salad meals to cope.  I happened to have a couple of apples that needed to be used up, and decided that a Curried Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins would be the perfect way to do so.  The one complaint I always have with chicken salads is that they tend to be a bit bland.  My solution to that problem was to add some tajin, a chili pepper, lime, and salt blend that managed to spice up the salad nicely without being too spicy.  I have already made this recipe twice and as long as the heat wave continues I know I will make it again soon.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

Curried Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins

1/3 C. low-fat mayonnaise (I used Vegenaise)
1 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. tajin
2 tsp. water
1 C. diced cooked chicken
1 apple, diced
1/2 C. diced celery
1/4 C. raisins
1/4 C.  peanuts
1/4 C. cashews (optional)

Combine mayonnaise, curry powder, tajin, and water in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until well blended.  Add the chicken, apple, celery, raisins, and nuts; stir mixture well to combine (add more mayo if mixture seems too dry).  Cover and chill.  Serves 2-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment