April 27th is World Tapir Day!

Friday, February 23, 2024

Foodie Fridays: Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Sausage and Peppers


I love how quick and easy sheet pans dinners are to make, and I have posted several recipes for them on this blog.  Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Sausage and Peppers is another variation using ingredients that work well together and cook to perfection in the oven.  Best of all, I usually have most if not all of these ingredients on hand, which makes it even easier to get dinner ready almost effortlessly!  I do have to admit, though, that I never actually use a sheet pan - I always use a 9x13-inch baking pan instead, as I find that I am less likely to toss ingredients all over the kitchen using a deeper pan.  Everything roasts just fine as long as the pan is not overfilled, so I will stick to my pan of choice (I will still call this a sheet pan dinner, though!).

Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Sausage and Peppers

1 lb. precooked sausage, sliced (I used smoked turkey sausage)
2 bell peppers, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 package (16 oz.) gnocchi (I used pumpkin gnocchi)
2 T. olive oil (I used half garlic-flavored olive oil and half plain)
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
½ tsp. garlic powder (I omitted this)
¼ tsp. salt
⅛ tsp. black pepper (optional)

Add all ingredients to a 9x13-inch baking pan.  Use a large spoon or spatula to toss the ingredients around so that everything is coated with oil and spices.  Spread in an even layer.

Bake at 400℉ for 20-25 minutes, until the gnocchi and sausage are golden brown.

Spoon the gnocchi mixture into serving bowls.  If desired, top with an extra drizzle of olive oil (about 1 tsp. per serving), grated parmesan, and chopped parsley.  Serves 4.

All the lovely colors in this pan just make me happy! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment