April 29th is International Dance Day!

Thursday, November 16, 2023

This 'n That Thursdays: The Best Cozy Comfort Foods from Trader Joe's

Santa Fe Trader Joe's

Even though there is a Trader Joe's in Santa Fe, I rarely get there because it is inconveniently located from where we live.  However, my husband went in for knee surgery recently and the hospital is very close to the Trader Joe's, so I stopped by there on my way home after dropping him off and checked out what they had to offer.  I found some absolutely delicious items that I just had to share, so here I am joining the many bloggers who love to recommend their favorite Trader Joe's selections!

Image from Eat This, Not That!

First up is Trader Joe's Harvest Chili.  Fall and winter are the best times for eating chili, and if I am not making my own then I want to eat this vegan version.  No need for toppings when you eat this delicious concoction, although I do recommend a good-sized piece of firm cornbread to mop up anything that may remain in the bottom of the bowl!  (I also tried the White Bean Chicken Chili Soup and it was okay, but the Harvest Chili remains my favorite by far.)

Mini Spicy Pumpkin Samosas are new to me, but now that I've tried them I find myself craving more.  I suggest serving them with Trader Joe's Chimichurri Sauce, which is cilantro-based but tastes nothing like cilantro - it is the perfect complement to the slight spiciness of the samosas.  I also tried their refrigerated Chicken Tikka Masala, which I found to be better than most prepackaged versions out there, so if you want to go full-on Indian for a meal serve the samosas as an appetizer and the tikka masala as the main dish, perhaps with a simple Indian kachumber salad and some naan bread on the side (I prefer garlic naan myself).

Image from Reddit

I am in love with the French Onion Focaccia Bread with Caramelized Onions & Cheeses available from Trader Joe's.  Serve this tasty bread warm with soup or salad, and use it to clean up the bowl.  No need for butter or olive oil unless you feel the need, as this focaccia bread is moist and flavorful enough on its own.

My love for caramelized onions is once again more than satisfied with the Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Tart, which is a perfect meal choice at any time of the day.  Oh my goodness this tart is tasty!  I served it at lunch with a pear, walnut, and blue cheese salad for all the fall vibes, and it really hit the spot.

We had our first real snowfall this past Saturday, and the temperatures are definitely starting to feel like late autumn.  For me, this is the perfect time for cozy comfort foods, and I highly recommend any of these options from Trader Joe's.  It's time to enjoy cozy season! ☕️🍩🍁🌰🍄🍂🍪🍵


No comments:

Post a Comment