April 25th is World Penguin Day!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wish List Wednesdays: Crab/Shrimp Ceramic Oval Platter


Technically, this Dana Whittmann platter is no longer on my wish list, as I bought it at the Charleston City Market when we visited for Valentine's Day weekend.  However, I am so in love with the design and the colors that I just had to comment about it here.  It is huge, over 20 inches long, and quite substantial -- I would not hesitate to use it for entertaining, unlike a few more fragile pieces I own.  And the bright colors make me smile, as do the crabs and shrimp!  Can't you just picture a huge seafood boil piled onto this platter, with hungry guests helping themselves to the feast?  I think the $70 price was quite reasonable for this work of art.  Right now it is sitting on our kitchen breakfast bar where I can admire it every morning, but I have to find it a more permanent home where it is still visible but out of the way!

I also bought a small trivet by the same artist with a shrimp design on it, which no longer seems to be available.  Next I simply must add this lobster canvas wall art to my collection, which I'm sure would make my decapod-studying ecologist husband happy!

         

No comments:

Post a Comment