April 23rd is National Picnic Day!

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Foodie Fridays: Baked Greek Chicken


Like a lot of people, I am always looking for new ways to prepare chicken.  The recipes I seek tend to be quick and simple, but most importantly the end result must be moist and full of flavor.  Baked Greek Chicken fulfills all of these requirements.  I could not believe how incredibly juicy the chicken was, even as leftovers reheated the next day, and I will certainly be making this recipe frequently!

Baked Greek Chicken

2 T. olive oil
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 C. Greek yogurt (I used FAGE 0% plain Greek yogurt)
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. Greek seasoning*

Place the olive oil in a glass baking pan.  Add the chicken breasts, turning to coat in the oil.  Combine the remaining ingredients and spoon over the chicken, covering completely.  Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink in the center (turn the pan about halfway through cooking for even heating).  Serves 3-4.

*The original recipe calls for 3 T. of a homemade Greek seasoning (find the recipe here).  I had a can of store-bought Greek seasoning in my pantry, so I used that.  Unlike the original seasoning, mine was mostly salt, so I used half the amount, but it was still way too salty.  I scraped off the yogurt sauce and discarded it to decrease the level of saltiness, which solved the problem, but next time I will try using just one teaspoonful of my seasoning, or make the original recipe's seasoning blend instead.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment