April 19th is National Garlic Day!

Friday, June 10, 2016

Foodie Fridays: Broccoli Pasta Salad with Tahini Dressing


I am on a mission to eat healthier foods, and my version of Broccoli Tahini Pasta Salad helps me do just that.  I modified the original recipe only slightly (I had no basil so I left it out, and I used sliced almonds instead of pine nuts and whole wheat instead of gluten-free pasta).  I am not a big fan of tahini, but I found a roasted sesame seed version at our local Publix that is not bad, and once it is combined in the dressing the bitter taste I associate with tahini is not very noticeable.  Add a protein to this pasta salad and it becomes a complete meal.  This is another great recipe for hot summer days!

Broccoli Pasta Salad with Tahini Dressing

1 bag (12 oz.) microwaveable broccoli florets, cooked
1 bag (8 oz.) microwaveable slender green beans, cooked and cut into thirds
1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into thin slices
1 C. grape tomatoes, halved
4 sun-dried tomatoes, slivered
1/3 C. sliced almonds
8 oz. (about 2 C.) whole wheat fusilli, cooked and drained
Tahini Dressing (see below)

Combine all of the ingredients except the dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine.  Drizzle the dressing over and toss again until all ingredients are coated.  Serve immediately or refrigerated until needed.  Serves 4.

Tahini Dressing: Combine 3 T. olive oil, 3 T. roasted sesame tahini, 3 T. lemon juice, 2 T. vinegar, 1 minced garlic clove, 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard, 1/2 tsp. maple syrup, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 3 T. water in a small bowl.  Whisk until well blended.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment